Saturday, February 7, 2009

CCA Transfer

I have sacrificed and dedicated my time, endured the pain, and suffered the punishments. Yet, hard work has not paid off. This has become too much of my life. Enough is enough! I am quitting concert band! The thought of quitting suddenly gave me hope that I still could get out with a chance to do better in my studies.   

Benjamin and I both agreed to quit together, but now there was a big problem. After talking to the teacher in charge of band, he told us that only one of us could leave because too many people were quitting. That gave us shock of our lives! We had no idea it would come down to this? Today was the day. It was either my good friend Benjamin or I that would have to suffer in the most time-consuming, hectic CCA, concert band.   

One of us had to give in while the other would enjoy life in another CCA, but whom? All I could think of at that moment was,’ I HAVE TO GET OUT OF BAND! What am I to do if I were to continue playing after not having practiced for three months?’   

We wrote down the endless list of reasons why we wanted to quit, and it seemed pretty reasonable. However, we still were not convinced weather or not we could leave together. After he read our reasons for quitting he took a while to ponder while we prayed frightened and at the same time excited for the answer.   Finally, he signed our CCA transfer forms unhappily. However, when we received the papers back we were confused as he allowed both of us to transfer to FREEDOM! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home